Wednesday 3 October 2007

Da dum ding, dum da dum ding ...

That’s a stink phonetic effort at the Split Enz song ‘History Never Repeats’. Why you say? Well ... is history, in fact, about to repeat itself as we hit the crucial knockout stage because once again (drum roll) we are rolling out a (very talented) All Black fullback at centre.

So will it be the French partying like it’s 1999 again? Or will we knock out the hosts?

I think I was right in saying the XV for the quarter final would be more conservative than we have seen so far, but I was thinking Mauger & Smith as the centre pairing ... I honestly didn’t think they’d start Mils there. Is this merely a defensive move? A reshuffle based on truly constructing a brick wall of ABs across the pitch to soak up everything they throw or kick at us ... including SeaBass? I rekkin.

Add to that our usual nippy bench and it is a very good team; just one that has not played together much, or at least not for a while in the case of Mils being at 13.

I’m buying into it, but I’ll be nervously watching through my fingers.

See you at Y Mochyn Du

1 comment:

Ferdy said...

I'll buy into it for now, but if we lose, I won't be buying into it anymore.
Pip